Sunday, February 10, 2013

WHO IS MY ENEMY?



“I am my own worst enemy.” Is the saying that runs through my mind as I’m lying in bed trying to fall asleep. But as I began to think more on this I realize this is a lie, I am not my own worst enemy. And then thinking that this quote is bondage and a trap that enslaves me. Because the word of God says that my enemy, my opponent is the devil.
1 Peter 5:8. Keep your mind clear, and be alert. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion as he looks for someone to devour. –The Names of God Bible, Ann Spangler
1 Peter 5:8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:-KJV
Ephesians 6:12. This is not a wrestling match again a human opponent. We are wrestling with rulers, authorities, the powers who govern this world of darkness, and spiritual forces that control in the heavenly world. –The Names of God Bible, Ann Spangler.
Ephesians 6:12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].-KJV 
Definition of Opponent:
1.      A person who is on an opposing side in a game, contest, controversy, or the like; adversary
2.      Being opposite, as in position
3.      Opposing; adverse; antagonistic

So the word tells me that my opponent and my adversary are one and the same and that is the devil. But not myself. I am flesh and blood, the devil is not. I was born in the image of my Creator.


Genesis 1:26. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27. So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.-KJV
Genesis 1:26. Then Elohim said, "Let us make humans in our image, in our likeness. Let them rule the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the domestic animals all over the earth, and all the animals that crawl on the earth. 27. So Elohim created humans in his image. In the image of Elohim he created them. He created them male and female.-The Names of God Bible, Ann Spangler
So thinking of this scripture I'm asking myself, if my Creator created me in His image, then is my Creator my enemy? If I am meant to be and can be more like and be able to be more like Him through His Son the Messiah and Savior Yeshua, commonly known as Jesus Christ then how can I be my own worst enemy? How can my Creator be my enemy? So many times I've said this to myself when I've failed, turned to my self-destructive ways to seek, kill, and destroy myself like an enemy does and is what the devil does, and is what I do to myself as well when I believe I'm my own worst enemy,when I've messed up, and hear it be said to me and on me that I began to believe it, and then when I do I began to lose, lose faith, lose hope and turn to my self-destructive ways because I don't think that I can and could never be who the Creator originally wanted me to be when He first created us and what's available now through His Son. To have that relationship with Him that Adam and Eve had before they disobeyed because of the enemy. 

But because of Yeshua I am able to be reconciled back to the Heavenly Father and have that relationship with him. But how can if I continue to see and believe myself to be and as my own worst enemy when my enemy is the devil. I've just realized that this quote is such a big contradiction to what I'm reading, learning, trying to live, and trying to believe-be living it. That this quote is not helping me at all but hindering me and keeping me away from my Father, keeping me separated from Him. Because if I continue to be, see, think, and believe that I'm my own enemy then I will be an enemy of and to God. He didn't make me or create me to be His enemy. He created me to please Him. Praise Him, worship Him, Obey Him, Glorify Him, and take care of the rest of His creation, land, plants, animals, family, friends, etc. But not to be an enemy to Him or to myself. So why would I, do I, want to,or even put that upon myself? Make myself carry that burden? Have that thought, that mind frame, that role?
Realizing this, I have to ask myself who truly is my enemy? And what steps can I do, must take, undo, and change to fix that, to rewire my thoughts. To know and understand that it is not myself that I’m wrestling against but the real enemy of God, the devil. Because he’s the one that’s the adversary and the opponent, in opposition of Him. And since I want to be more like my Creator, want to be called, seen, and act as a child of my Father, then the devil is my enemy too. And that is what I must fight, must pray against, and must stand on His word with, so that I don’t become an enemy of/to my Creator. And in doing that, I must no longer be an enemy to myself. Because I do what to do good, what is righteous and good in His eyes, and like Paul said I do war with myself. I don’t do the good I want to do but instead I do the bad and when I continue to think I’m my own enemy then I will continue to do bad too. If I continue to have that negative mindset than I won’t change, I won’t accept, I won’t learn, I won’t grow, I won’t stay obedient and faithful. I will be in the opposition of what The Father says and requires. And I don’t want to do that anymore…I don’t want to do it anymore…I don’t want to be my own worst enemy anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment