Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Best Peace

"John 14:27. I'm leaving you peace. I'm giving you my peace. I don't give you the kind of peace that the world gives. So don't be troubled or cowardly.-The Names of God Bible, Ann Spangler"
"KJV John 14. 27. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
"NLT John 14:27. "I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid."
"NIV John 14:27. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Yeshua commonly known as Jesus Christ says he leaves and give us a peace that the world doesn't give, doesn't provide. And it got me thinking of the peace the world provides and offers to us: There's drugs which allow you to escape to wonderland and not think about your problems, but once the high is gone the problem is still there. And, if you do that drug long enough the physical, emotional, mental, financial, and relational effect and damage it does and gives your life enhances and gives you more of a problem than what you had before. The same with drinking. You can't really drink your sorrows and troubles away because once you're sober they'll still be there, and if you say well I'll never be sober. Why is that? The problem that you're trying to hide from, run away from, and not think about. So still there. Then there's sex, sexual activity and gratification. It might touch and ease the loneliness, hardships, emptiness, void, give you that self worth and value, and a moment's satisfaction, but when it's done and over with, and you're lying alone or in somebody's arms, or even back to back, the problem is still the same and has not changed. And sex can also have a deadly sickly effect and damage on us as well.

But the peace, the peace that we were left with, given from Yeshua-Jesus, is a peace that gives us rest, calm, strength, joy, growth, courage. That the problem when put in the hands of our Heavenly Father through and because of him will take care of it. We don't have to worry about it,  and though there may be tears, hardships, and pain, he provides comfort, shelter, and refuge in the rain. And soon one day that problem will no longer be a problem anymore. And the peace that he gives, allows us not to worry or fret if we don't understand because he'll work it out and all would be made known in the end. 

I can't speak for anybody else but I know with me. I've tried drugs, cigarettes, sex, partying,  clubbing, and liquor to bring me peace and it was only for a moment, but the consequences from those choices would've, could have, and still could be detrimental to my life, my health, and even my relationship with the Yahweh my Heavenly Father, blessed be His holy name. Sp I'm thankful that in the end I was given the chance to choose the peace that our Heavenly Father offers and gives through His Son Yeshua-Jesus, instead of the peace this world offers and the death that it brings, not only spiritually but also mentally, emotionally, physically, with relationships, and financially too that could have, would've, and still could be brought to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment